Meet Our Staff
- Greetings and welcome to our office! I’m Genia. One of my many roles in the office is assisting Dr. Nakisher with the Initial consultations. I am the “go to person” should any questions arise.
Though my mother told me not to talk to strangers, my father told me otherwise; I love meeting new people! I also love the relationships that orthodontics allows us to build with our patients and seeing their confident smiles once treatment has been completed. Along with this role, you’ll also find me in the clinic, the lab or helping the gals up front who affectionately call me the office “gypsy”. I love my work family and am happy to be part of a great team! As far as personal time, can anyone say “UP NORTH??”
One of my greatest joys is spending time with my family. I have a husband, son, daughter, son-in-law and a new grand-baby, Henry. Other than that, I love walking, playing with my camera and dabbling in anything artistic.
- Hello. I’m Colleen. I have been working in the field of orthodontics for over 25 years. Dr. Nakisher’s staff is like my 2nd family and I have been here for most of my career.
There is always something new to learn here and new people to meet. I work with the doctors and patients directly in the treatment department and I love every aspect of it.
In my free time, I enjoy visiting historical landmarks with my husband , singing in a choir and volunteering at church. I also clean up parks in the Flint area on a monthly basis.
In the great outdoors, I love to go hiking, canoeing and camping. I love gardening and never tire of playing ball with my dog. Even though my kids are in college, they still keep us busy.
- Hi, I’m Michele and I am one of the scheduling coordinators at Nakisher Orthodontics. I have been with the Nakisher team for three years. I contribute to the team by greeting patients, scheduling appointments, answering phone calls and billing insurance.
I truly enjoy my job and absolutely love the people I work with.
I am married and have two kids, Hadley and Cooper and one fur kid named Aspen. I am an HGTV fanatic and love to read in my downtime.
Hi. I’m Danielle and am the Front Desk Manager. I’ve been with Dr. Nakisher for more than ten years. I love seeing the smiles that emerge from our treatment area and especially enjoy interacting with the other staff members and families that come in for treatment. After my daughters went through orthodontic treatment, I decided it was my turn. Recently, I completed treatment using Invisalign, aided by Acceledent, Dr. Nakisher and our incredible staff. Come check out my fantastic new smile! Outside of work, I am busy with three daughters, three step-sons and a wonderful husband. People like to call us the Brady Bunch. We just added a sweet and spunky new puppy, named Rocky, into our already huge family. I love to cook, bake and share recipes. I am an avid reader, part of a book club, and play Mahjong with my friends.
- Hello, I’m Tracy. I work as the Clinical Coordinator in the treatment area. I also do the ordering and scheduling for the office. I truly feel at home with our family-like environment among the staff and patients.
I have been in the dental field for 22 years and 17 years of those have been here.
I have a husband, two kids and a “mini farm” which includes two dogs and four cats. I love scrapbooking, photography and spending time with my family. We enjoy outdoor activities such as going up north and ‘four-wheeling’.
I also spend a lot of my spare time traveling to different sports and activities that my kids are involved in.
- Hi. I’m Sheila. I work alongside my sister as part of the front office staff.
As one of the Scheduling Coordinators, I schedule appointments, greet patients and bill insurance.
My husband Barry and I and have four children between us and are enjoying being grandparents to Olivia. In my spare time, I enjoy working out, reading, and watching the latest movies.
- Hi. I’m Kelly. I have been working in the orthodontic field for over 15 years and have been a part of the Nakisher team for more than 13 of those years. Along with assisting Dr. Nakisher, I am responsible for our in-house laboratory.
Being a part of such an awesome team makes coming to work a lot of fun. At home I have two little girls whom I love spending my time with.
I also enjoy bike riding and traveling up north and spending time with friends and family.
- My name is Tanya. I am an Orthodontic Technician here at Nakisher Orthodontics. I have worked in the field for 14 years. I love my job here and am very thankful that I became part of a wonderful team.
The best part of my job is seeing all the transformations and giving the patients the reassurance they need. I am a huge animal lover and have two Boston Terriers; since I don’t have kids, they are my babies and very spoiled. They love long walks and playing catch with tennis balls and frisbees.
In my spare time I enjoy spending time with my family and friends. I stay active by working out 2-3 days a week. I also am currently enrolled in Belly Dancing classes.
- Hi I’m Val, and I’m thrilled to be the newest addition to the Nakisher Orthodontics team. I am the Front Desk Coordinator which means that I support all communications between our wonderful patients, our outstanding clinical staff and our amazing Dr. Nakisher. I have an extensive background in Leadership and HR; you could say that I am definitely a “people” person. I look forward to assisting you and your family when you visit out office.
When I am not in the office I am hanging out with my five boys either at a playground or cheering on my teenagers at a sporting event. In spite of our very busy schedule, I make sure to squeeze in at least 30 minutes of exercise daily doing Beachbody workouts at home.